Member Profile FAQs
As a DFA member, you have your own individual web page on the DFA website — meaning you have your own, unique URL. We hope that you’ll direct people to the website, so that they can explore other downtown Franklin businesses too! Below are a few FAQs to help us (and you!) keep the website updated:
Have a request?
For profile changes that are editorial (photos & description), we ask that you limit your requests to change information on your “space” to twice per year. This will help tremendously to manage the load internally, as there are 175+ members. Please note that only requests sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered.
What’s the timeline?
Once you have sent your request, it may take up to 30 days to complete your request. New DFA businesses “spaces” may also take up to 30 days to complete. Please allow for this grace period to manage requests — we do try to get them up right away!
You’ve got the reigns!
In addition, you are responsible for keeping your profile updated. For example: if you move locations, change emails, alter your social media accounts, close shop (we hope not!!) or the like, you are accountable for alerting the DFA of these changes. Please send all updates to email@example.com.
Don’t have a profile?
If you are a new member, or existing member without a profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to submit your information. Following submission, please allow 30 days for publication.
EVENT CALENDAR SUBMISSION
One cool aspect of the new website is the calendar feature, designed to promote your happenings! To utilize, hover over our EVENT CALENDAR main menu tab, then click SUBMIT EVENT. A form will appear for you to complete. You must submit an event 14 days in advance to guarantee inclusion.
- You must be a DFA member to submit an event.
- Submitted local events and festivals will automatically be added if they are charitable and are held in Downtown Franklin’s historic, 16-block core.
- Fill out as much information as you can, and include a photo or e-poster for more impact.
- Please do not include seasonal sales as an event. It may be acceptable if it is a charitable event that includes price reduced merchandise, special pop-up events, etc.
- DO submit: Grand openings, special events, workshops, musical events, on-going events (such as Art Scene), book signings, trunk shows, public informational lectures.
- The following will not be published: Private events, seasonal sales or discounts, gatherings not benefiting DFA members (i.e. meet me downtown for a 3-mile run), routine business (i.e. free water while you shop), and other possible submissions subject to review.
Note: All event submissions are subject to approval by the DFA executive committee.