Our downtown Franklin community is joining together to support Small Business Saturday on Nov. 30, as part of a national effort to support independently owned merchants! Many of our 150 shops and restaurants in the surrounding historic core are offering special sales and other promotions the day after “Black Friday.”
The following merchants will offer a 10% discount on your ticket when you present a receipt from another Downtown Franklin shop or restaurant:
- Arbor Antique Mall (see below for sale exclusions); Avec Moi; Bittersweet Primitives; Boutique MMM; Bunganut Pig; Chapman’s Pie Wagon; Coffee House at Second & Bridge; Landmark Booksellers; Main Street Toy Shoppe; McCreary’s Pub; Mellow Mushroom; Olivia Olive Oil; Our Thrift Store; The Registry; Savory Spice Shop; Serendipity; Shuff’s Music (Second and Third Avenue locations); Sweet CeCe’s; Town’s End General Store; T. Nesbitt & Co.; and Walton’s Jewelry
The following merchants are providing other amazing incentives and specials on Small Business Saturday:
- Arbor Antique Mall will have various sales throughout the store. All items over $25 will have a 10% discount if not on sale. Refreshments will be provided.
- Avec Moi will also be serving mimosas while supplies last!
- Bagbey House is offering 50% off select ornaments, mesh ribbon and other Christmas items. Shoppers may register for a $100 gift certificate on Small Biz Saturday as well! Hot Cider and sample gourmet food will also be provided.
- Damico Frame & Art Gallery is providing 50% off all custom framing (this is the deepest discounts of the whole year!). In addition, Mike is offering a $55 16×20 gallery wrap print on canvas. The shop will also give guests a chance to win a pair of tickets to Carnton, Carter, and Lotz Civil War museums. Refreshments will be provided.
- Gallery 202 is (literally) rolling out a red carpet for shoppers on SBS! The antique and art gallery will have a sale on selected items, and will provide refreshments and drinks.
- Good Findings, Inc. will offer cashmere-feel scarves for $12 each or two for $20.
- GRAY’S on Main is offering a free $5 appetizer for Small Business Saturday shoppers!
- Handy Hardware is giving guests a free gift for purchases of $10 or more. The store will also have a tent sale including vintage items, Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers, and more.
- Haven will be offering refreshments and goodies throughout the day.
- The Heirloom Shop will have a 50% off sale on all Fall items, including the Fall Byers “Choice Carolers.”
- Honey’s Vintage Sweets is offering a complimentary mulled cider with a receipt from any DFA member.
- Jack Yacoubian Jewelers is donating 5% of all sales on Small Business Saturday to the Heritage Foundation’s Old Old Jail project.
- JONDIE is offering 20% off all regularly priced merchandise, and will be hosting giveaways. The boutique will also serve mimosas and snacks. They offer complimentary gift wrapping.
- Landmark Booksellers is giving its guests an option: they can participate in the 10% incentive (see above) or cash in on the “buy 2 books and get a 3rd free.” Whichever is best for the shopper!
- Olivia Olive Oil is offering complimentary tastings at its tasting bar, in addition to hosting 15% off our premium Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Plus, if you purchase something from Olivia Olive Oil you receive a card for 10% off at Schakolad Chocolate Factory around the corner.
- Philanthropy is launching its annual Dove Tree for Small Business Saturday! Help one of their “doves take flight” by choosing a child’s name from the tree and learning about their needs. As always, the cause-driven retail boutique gives back 10% to its charities with each purchase in the store. To read more about Philanthropy’s Dove Tree, click here.
- Scarlett Scales Antiques is paying all customers’ tax on Small Business Saturday! Tax-free shopping for one day only.
- Shoppes on Main will give a Christmas tote bag from Glory Haus to shoppers who make a $20 purchase, while supplies last.
- Vue Optique is offering a $100 gift card to anyone who purchases a prescription pair of eyewear (not valid with insurance or discounted items).
- Yarrow Acres will be serving hot mulled cider (made with real mulling spices), and a sampling of their own salsas, butters, cheese balls, and dips.
**RULES FOR 10% INCENTIVE: At participating stores, one receipt per customer is valid for the 10% discount. Presented receipts must be from Downtown Franklin Association members (find the complete list here). Receipts must exceed $5 to apply. Upon use for 10% discount, receipts will be stamped and may not be re-used for additional discounts. Happy shopping!
***Small Business Saturday turned out more than 103 million patrons across the country in 2012. A survey released by American Express estimated that consumers spent $5.5 billion at locally owned stores and restaurants.